Transcript Requests & Grades

Access to Grades and Transcripts of Academic Records

The academic records for all current and former students enrolled at Montana Western are maintained by the university Registrar. Students or former students can access course final grades or transcripts of their complete academic record by contacting the university Registrar's Office, or, if enrolled at Western after 1992, they can view unofficial grade and transcript information via Western's on-line student records system - DAWGS, at
Grades Available via the Internet
Policies Governing Transcript and Record Access   

To Order Official Transcripts: 
Current and former Montana Western students can request transcripts in the following ways. All transcript requests require the following information in order to be processed. Any incomplete transcript requests will result in delays in processing.
 Online Transcript Ordering
Transcripts can be ordered via the internet 24/7 through the National Student Clearinghouse. You can place as many orders as you like in one session using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after you order online using your email address and order number. If you would like to place an order for official transcript(s) please go to:
You will need a valid credit card, an email address, and access to a fax machine.  There is an additional processing fee of $2.25 per recipient plus the basic transcript of $3.00.
Your signed consent may be required to fulfill your transcript order. For your convenience, a consent form will be generated for your order and can be signed and submitted online.   

Printable Transcript Request Form: 
Printable Transcript Request Form
Please Note: This form can only be sent by mail or by faxing.
Transcript Fees 
Request for Transmittal Application Materials:
Request for Transmittal of Application Materials
Please Note: Only participating schools can receive this type of materials.  
MUS Single Admissions File Policy 

To access unofficial final grads/transcript information on DAWGS:
Current Montana Western students can access final grades a number of ways. The most convenient method is via Western's on-line (internet) student records system "DAWGS" at: 
1. Go to via an internet browser such as Internet Explorer.
2. Click on "MyUMW"
3. Click on "Registration/Student Information"
4. Click on "Login to Dawgs"
5. Enter User ID (Student ID or SSN, do not enter dashes) and your PIN (your birth date unless you changed MMDDYY format, you must enter leading zeroes as in June=06)
6. Click on "Student Services"
7. Click on "Student Records"
8. Click "View Unofficial Transcript" then scroll to the semester/term final grades needed
9. Exit DAWGS and close the browser to prevent unauthorized access to confidential information.

Enrolled students who wish to view current semester/term block course grades should:
1.     Access Dawgs
2.     Click Login to Secure Area
3.     Enter User ID (Student ID or SSN) and Pin
4.     Click on Student Services
5.     Click on Student Records
6.     Click on Block Grades
7.     Exit DAWGS and close the browser to prevent unauthorized access to confidential information